“There is one thing Alzheimer’s cannot take away, and that is love. Love is not a memory- it’s a feeling that resides in your heart and soul.”
This is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
Take the first step by finding a Walk near you. Join us and be inspired by all the footsteps that fall into place behind yours. Together, we can end of Alzheimer’s!
What is Dementia?
- It is a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life.
- It’s an overall term that describes a wide range of symptoms
- Alzheimer’s accounts for 60-80% of all dementia cases.
What is Alzheimer’s?
- Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior.
- Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, a general term for memory loss and other intellectual abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life.
- It’s the only top 10 cause of death in America that cannot be prevented, cured or slowed.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
- More than 5 million Americans are living with the disease.
- In the United States someone develops Alzheimer’s every 67 seconds.
This information can be found at http://www.alz.org. For more information visit this wonderful resource to learn more about Alzheimer’s.
Let’s talk about Senior Housing….